Thursday, March 19, 2009

Buying the Sony PRS-700BC

So, contrary to one of my last posts, the SonyCard promotion for $200 off a single $349+ purchase does not apply to anything outside SonyStyle.com or Sony stores. Even though their wording was a bit vague, I'm not upset, since these things happen with offers that are too good to be true.

If you've read my last post, you would know that I was robbed recently. I won't do into details about the incident since you can read about it here, but I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings. I was reading manga with my PSP with it's picture viewer. It allows you to quickly zoom and pane images; a great feature not without it's flaws. Constant zooming and panning is an arduous task. But enough of that, the point is I wanted to read on the go, that's why I was carrying my PSP in the first place. So with the SonyCard plan not working out as anticipated, I've decided to get an e-reader.

If anyone reading this has an e-reader, whether it be Sony, Amazon or Panasonic brand, please share your experiences with them. I'm interested on hearing what you all think of it even though I've already committed myself to Sony.