Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Being Thorough @ Work

Internal e-mail from boss:
If you were in the office late the night before...include that in the note. Better yet, while in the office late the night before send something like:

It's after 7PM and I'm just finishing up XX YYY files for MTG. I'll be working from home tomorrow from 8AM-10AM and will be in the office by 11AM.

My original e-mail:
I'll be working from home until 10a so I should be in around 11a.

Regards,
Luis



If you have a salary job, than this might be common sense to you. I guess there must be transparency at all time internally so that ppl know you're on top of things. Basically, I did not tell my boss I worked until 7p, so he asked around and my co-worker that stayed with me must have told him. So, the lesson here is to be thorough.