Tuesday, December 2, 2008

SF2 HD REMIX - PS3 FIX

Initially, Street Fight 2 HD Remix seemed flawed with the number of disconnects I was coming across. So, considering I love SF2 I set out to find a solution.

I'm an avid gamer, I know about the NAT issues plaguing Halo 3 so I thought this might be caused by something similar. The solution for that is well documented and as soon as I get home, I'll add a few links that will walk you through this, but for now, know that a solution exists.

It turns out that the PS3 also has a NAT Type that needs to configured. After setting up your wireless connection on the PS3, you're shown a screen with your network name and the encryption type your using. But it also includes your NAT Type number. In my case, I had NAT Type 2, which requires you to forward port 443. After I forwarded that port, I only had a single disconnect in about 20 matches.

Google "PS3 nat type 443" w/o quotes and you'll probably find the walkthrough. My problem could also be that I'm using DD-WRT firmware on my Linksys router which shows TX errors, but that's for another post.